Today we have a guest post by Reddit user /u/minerleaguegamer, who is starting an early blitz to promote the 2016 Reddit Geo-Secret Santa on Geocaching related blogs, vlogs, and social media. We encourage you to participate!
Do you love sending and receiving presents? Are you an avid geocacher? Do you want to be part of a WORLDWIDE geocaching gift exchange? Than the Reddit Geo-Secret Santa wants you!
Last year, the first annual Geo-Secret Santa ran on Reddit with gift senders from all over the US. Check out some of the gifts exchanged: (Click any photo to enlarge in a lightbox window, hit the back button on your browser to return to the post).
This year we plan to make it bigger and more widespread, and want you to be part of the joy of giving!
What is Reddit? Reddit is a social website where users from different communities create groups, called “subreddits.” Subreddits can range from sharing cute pictures of animals to more specific hobbies, like geocaching. Users can subscribe to different subreddits to customize their front page. On each subreddit, users can post a variety of content, including links, pictures, or text posts, and they are rated up or down by other users. The /r/geocaching subreddit has been a community for over seven years.
How can you join this year’s festivities?
- Create a reddit account (www.reddit.com)
- Find and subscribe to the /r/geocaching subreddit. (www.reddit.com/r/geocaching)
- Join the mailing list (here on Google Forms) to be reminded when the time has come to sign up.
- In addition, help spread the word by placing these cards in caches! This is especially important if you live outside the US and don’t want to pay extra shipping costs. (Here on Google Drive).
- Signups start on Nov. 19, when a thread will be up with more information. Signups end and gifters are matched on Dec. 4. The shipping deadline is Dec. 18.
Questions? Contact me at [email protected]
Thanks, and see you soon!